6 January, 2006 at Fremantle, Australia
Meeting started at 1845 hrs and ended at 2046 hrs
The 2005 Minutes were approved.
Søren Andreasen reports:
- Commitment Dutch Sailor
- Ready for Austrian Europeans
- Rule book
- Stickers: 500 went
- ordered 1000 in Italy, 2 per member
- Advertising: Richard Buttner
- Canadian Inquiry -money club dinghy?
- 100% growth Denmark - bought 5 in U.K.
- Destroyed moulds from Rondar obsolete, considered unmarketable
- DVD 1500 Euro, Ian Mollatt may help find unlicensed music. Each paid up person should get a copy
- Photographer - Pictures here (Fremantle)
- Reproduce Garda Video
Tim Holden reported:
Assets: Euro 14977 Sterling £422
Debt: Australia AUS$9500 for moulds
Den, USA, UK, Italy owe to ?, Ger owes 3 years fee, Austria, Serbia Montenegro
- ISAF agreed change rule changes - not posted
- 2 new builders
- New Challenges Perth, Australia
- Dinghy Sports
- U.K. 1 proto
- Italy. 3 builders
- Jan new point system request ISAF
- Championship--Championship & regatta
Apologies Manfred Kieckbusch
Currently there are 664 members of yahoo-groups compared with 559 members in 2005 and 386 members in 2004. Note, we count email addresses. There are certainly duplicate and/or abandoned email addresses.
New boat sales figures Used boats
43 2005 9
28 2004 7 (fewer advertisements on the Internet)
16 2003 27
26 2002 37
50 2001 39
18 2000 47
33 1999 19
25 1998 -
2317 boats have been issued plaques representing new boats since the inception of the Contender class in 1969. (Through the end of 2005)
Builders new in 2005/2006:
- None now in North America, an issue limiting potential
- Annual fees. no comment
- ISAF rules changes
- Digitize plans
- Measurement Form. Available
- Sail changes adv require further measurement form changes.
- John Cassidy
- Rodger White: Sail form to Graham Scott, North and other sail makers
Election of Officers
Treasurer: Tim Holden - willing
Technical Chairman: Mol Mollatt - willing
Secretary: Gil Woolley - willing
Chairman: Søren - willing
President: Manfred Kieckbusch - willing
Worlds 2007: Medemblik July 13-20, Nationals at Workum prior
100+ Competitors. Committee to decide fleet split? - up to 120 no split.
2008: Kingston, Ontario, Canada - Last week August 2008. CORK
2010: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Cheating, ISAF rule change must sail the last race.
Will wait until unanimous.
- Rule change: Allow wire, fax email
vote to remove “postal” - all in favour. Unanimous.
Submitted by Gil Woolley, Secretary dated 24 June 2006
< Go back to main list